All six Belmont public relations students who took the new, nationally-administered public relations exam earned their Certificate of Principles in Public Relations. These six students participated in the 1-credit preparation course piloted at Belmont in the fall. The Public Relations Department has since incorporated the preparation material into a remodeled 3-credit senior capstone course that began this semester.
The six students to receive their Certificate are:
- Mary Anna Davis, public relations major, expected graduation May 2015
- Kacy Gieg, public relations major, expected graduation May 2015
- Kristin Hinkley Moore, public relations major, graduated December 2014
- Lane Sasser, public relations major, expected graduation May 2015
- Nicole Smart, public relations management major, expected graduation May 2015
- Kate Wilke, public relations major, expected graduation May 2015
“This is a tremendous achievement for the students, and their success is a testament to the high-quality education they have gained from the courses and instruction in our department,” said Public Relations Professor Dr. Kevin Trowbridge. “This inaugural success has set the bar high while also providing some valuable data to help us further develop our undergraduate program to meet the demands of the strategic communication landscape.”
To learn more about this certificate, click here.