Over the summer, many of Belmont’s Greek Life chapters were recognized by their respective national organizations. Several of the chapters received multiple awards for excellence in several categories.
Alpha Tau Omega was recognized as a True Merit Chapter for its 12th consecutive year and named the Top Chapter Runner-Up. Alpha Gamma Delta was named a National Jewel Chapter by its organization.
For organizing the Edgehill Family Halloween Sports Night with Phi Mu, Belmont Athletics and several community organizations, Phi Delta Theta received the Stan Brown Award for Most Outstanding One-Day Community Service Project. Phi Mu was recognized by its organization in several categories and chapter president, senior biology major Katie Rush, was recognized as an Outstanding Collegiate Delegate for Campus and Community Service.
This summer, Phi Tau helped host its national convention, where members were honored for their outstanding scholarship. Kappa Alpha Theta also was recognized for high scholarship.
A complete list of awards is below.
Alpha Tau Omega
- Excellence Awards in the areas of: Recruitment, Scholarship, Ritual, Pledge Education, Financial Management, Summer Recruitment, Communication, Leadership Development/Campus Involvement
- Upper Alpha Award, recognizing the Board of Trustees
- True Merit Award
- Top Chapter Runner-Up
- Academic Excellence
- Perfect Risk Management Score
- Formal Recruitment Quota Award
- Perfect 10 Award for Finance
- Lending a Helping Hand Award-Vanderbilt Extension Presentation
- Chapter Total Award
- Academic Honor Roll Award
- Outstanding Collegiate Delegate, Katie Rush
Phi Delta Theta
- Stan Brown Award for Outstanding One-Day Community Service Event–Edgehill Halloween Night
- Merit for Outstanding Recruitment
- Merit for Outstanding Community Service
Alpha Gamma Delta
- Awarded National Jewel Chapter Status
Kappa Alpha Theta
- Highest Scholarship Award