As part of the University’s 2022 Homecoming celebration, Belmont University’s Beasley Center for Free Enterprise hosted its 3rd Annual Impact Investing Summit on Friday, February 25 in partnership with AllianceBerstein (AB) on campus.
With so much emphasis on corporate responsibility and the green evolution, investors are hyper-focused on this topic. But how can meaningful impact truly be measured? Can ESG investing do good and do well without sacrificing returns? The Summit welcomed professionals from across the industry to engage in robust discussions with experts from for-profit companies, Wall Street and more about the road ahead.
The event included three panel sessions featuring industry experts with a variety of perspectives:
- How For-Profit Firms Accommodate, Resource and Measure Sustainability Through the Lens of ESG Metrics, Moderated by Dean of the Jack C Massey College of Business Dr. Sarah Gardial
- Roian Atwood: Senior Director for Sustainability at Tractor Supply Company
- Aaron Howald: First Vice President, Investor Relations & Business Development at Louisiana-Pacific Corporation
- Matt Beasley: Chief Commercial Officer at Silicon Ranch Corporation
- How Does S&P Global Gather Pertinent Data, Conduct Due Diligence and Weight Particular Metrics in Deriving ESG Ratings? Moderated by Professor of Finance in the Massey College of Business Dr. John Gonas
- Margaret Dorn: Senior Director, Head of ESG Indices Americas at S&P Down Jones Indices
- Evolving SGP–Where Do We Go From Here? Moderated by Winston F. Justice, Vice President Financial Advisor at Bernstein
- Travis Allen: National Director, Purpose Driven Strategies at Bernstein
- Michelle Dunstan: Chief Responsibility Officer, Senior Investor Advisor–Global ESG Improvers Strategy at AllianceBernstein
Professor of Finance Dr. John Gonas said, “These conversations are essential to the future corporate stewardship of resources–in Nashville and beyond. We are grateful for our work with AllianceBernstein to engage this thriving industry in important conversations related to impact investing, corporate social responsibility, sustainability and ESG. We look forward to more and more opportunities to work together.”