Welcome home, Bruins!
Homecoming 2019 has been set for February 18 – 23, and the schedule of activities has been released. Belmont University calls Bruins, past and present, back home to celebrate more than 125 years of students, faith, education, community and excellence. The series of events invites alumni, friends and family to join in the festivities, encompassing the theme, “Together We Celebrate.”
During the month of February and as a part of Homecoming 2019, Belmont will host a Pack the Pantry drive for the Bruin Vets Center.
Homecoming 2019 Highlights
Monday, February 18
- 10-10:50 a.m. – Mission Monday Chapel: “From Here to Anywhere” featuring an alumni panel in the Janet Ayers Academic Center
- 10 a.m.-12 p.m. – Alumni Non-Profit Fair in the Beaman Student Life Center, A&B
Tuesday, February 19
- 9:45 a.m.-4 p.m. – College of Law Faculty Scholarship CLE: All College of Law alumni and Belmont undergrad alumni in the law profession are invited to attend this free CLE event. Registration is required and can be completed here.
- 4-6 p.m. – Past, Present, Future: Art Alumni Exhibition Gallery Talk & Reception in the Leu Art Gallery, Lila D. Bunch Library
Wednesday, February 20
- 4 p.m. – Belmont Baseball vs. Western Michigan
- 5-7 p.m. – Massey College of Business Homecoming Mixer: All undergraduate and graduate alumni from the Jack C. Massey College of Business are invited to celebrate and reconnect with area alumni and Belmont business faculty.
- 7:30 p.m. – Student Composers Recital in the McAfee Concert Hall
Thursday, February 21
- 5 p.m. – Belmont Women’s Basketball vs. Eastern Illinois
- 7 p.m. – Belmont Men’s Basketball vs. Eastern Illinois
Friday, February 22
- 6:30 a.m. – Belmont Polar Bear Run 5K
- 10-10:50 a.m. – Homecoming Chapel featuring guest speaker Gina Miller, Class of 1998, in the Janet Ayers Academic Center
- 4 p.m. – Belmont Baseball vs. Bradley
- 7 p.m. – Homecoming in the Round concert in the MasseyPerforming Arts Center (MPAC). The evening will feature alumni songwriters, artists and special guests. The event is FREE, but tickets are required. Get your tickets here or call 615.460.2255.
Saturday, February 23
- 8:30-10:30 a.m. – Decade Reunion Brunch in Harrington Place Dining, Johnson Center. Alumni from the 70s, 80s, 90s and 2000s are invited to reconnect with fellow alumni. Reservations Required.
- 9:30-11:30 a.m. – Tower Society Reunion | Annual Brunch & Induction Ceremony:This celebrating the elite group of alumni from Belmont’s 50-year and earlier classes!
- 11-11:45 a.m. – Parents are invited to stop into the Gabhart Student Center for coffee or hot chocolate and the latest news from Provost Thomas Burns.
- 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. – Join the Belmont family as we give thanks for our past, the present and pray God’s blessings on our future at Homecoming Prayer and Worship, hosted by University Ministries.
- 12 p.m. – Belmont Baseball plays against Northern Illinois at E.S. Rose Park
- 12:30-2:30 p.m. – Tailgate at the Tower at the Tower Plaza. It’s Bruin Time! Everyone is invited to this campus-wide celebration during Homecoming 2019.
- 12:30-2:30 p.m. – Homecoming Open Houses at various Belmont University icons free of charge.
- 2:30 p.m. – Homecoming Carillon Concert at the Bell Tower.
- 3 p.m. – Homecoming Double Header: Belmont Basketball vs. TSU: Women’s game starting at 3 p.m. with the Men’s game to follow at approximately 5 p.m. The Homecoming Court will be presented at halftime – don’t miss it! Alumni can order tickets in advance at discounted prices. For tickets, visit belmont.edu/homecoming or call the Curb Event Center Box Office at 615.460.BALL . Request the February 23 Homecoming Games with promo code “BUAlum18.”
- 8-10 p.m. – Homecoming Social at Chago’s Cantina. Reservations Requested.
For a complete list of all Belmont Homecoming 2019 events and an opportunity to register, visit the alumni website.