Each year, Belmont University calls Bruins from all over the world back home to celebrate more than 125 incredible years of students, faith, education and community. Campus reaches out to alumni, friends and family to invite them to celebrate what it means to be a Bruin by offering a series of events designed to bring all members of the Belmont community together. This year’s Homecoming Week, celebrating the theme “Together We Are Belmont,” will take place February 20-25.
Associate Director of Alumni Relations Julie Thomas said, “We’ve brought together some of the best of Belmont to partner for what looks like one of the most exciting Homecomings in recent history. Our team has built a schedule of week-long activities geared toward engaging the Belmont Community with the mission of cultivating a festival of university life. We hope the entire community will join together as we celebrate, serve and honor the rich heritage of this place we call Belmont.”
The newest addition this year is the inclusion of theme days — Mission Monday, T-Shirt Tuesday, WOW Wednesday, Thank You Thursday and FANtastic Friday – designed to not only create awareness about Homecoming but also to focus on who we are as an institution. Highlights of the week can be found below, and for a complete list of all Belmont Homecoming 2017 events and an opportunity to register, click here.
Homecoming 2017 Highlights
- The Homecoming Connection: Can’t make it back to campus for Homecoming 2017? Join us for a virtual celebration and plan now to post your favorite Belmont memories during the week of Feb. 20-25. Be sure and tag yourself: #BUHome17. Sign up here to be a Homecoming Social Media Ambassador.
- Homecoming Cornhole Classic: The 1st Annual Homecoming Corn Hole Classic is being sponsored by ATO. All faculty, staff and alumni are encourage to sign up as teams or individuals to participate.
- Homecoming Royalty & Faculty/Staff HC Spirit Court: The Homecoming Committee is proud to announce the first ever Faculty & Staff Homecoming Spirit Court. Get your favorite faculty or staff nominations ready and be looking for information regarding criteria and voting.
Monday, February 20
- Homecoming Banner Competition- Sponsored by the Office of Residence Life, each residence hall will compete in the design of a Homecoming 2017 banner
Tuesday, February 21
- 5 p.m.- Young alumni pre-game meet-up at Chago’s
- 7 p.m.- Belmont Men’s Basketball plays against Trevecca in the Curb Event Center
Wednesday, February 22
- 10 a.m.- Join us in the Belmont Mansion for a special Q&A session with a group of our Ward-Belmont alumnae. You won’t want to miss their stories of fine dining and white gloves!
Thursday, February 23
- 7:30 p.m.- Belmont’s Rock Ensemble will be playing a concert in the Massey Concert Hall (MPAC)
Friday, February 24
- 10 a.m.- Homecoming chapel featuring a variety of recent alumni who embody our motto “From Here to Anywhere”
- 3 p.m.- Career Conversations: An informative and informal networking event for students with an opportunity to interact with alumni and parents in a variety of careers and industries. Reservations Required.
- 5:30 p.m.- Homecoming pep rally in the Curb Event Center
- 7 p.m.- Homecoming concert in Massey Concert Hall (MPAC) hosted by Gordon Kennedy. The evening will feature a variety of Belmont talent across several genres and will include several special guests. The event is FREE, but tickets are required. Get tickets: 615.460.2255 or HERE
- 9:30 p.m.- Homecoming social at DeSano Pizza Bakery on 16th S.
Saturday, February 25
- 9 a.m.- Fireside chat for parents with University Provost Thomas Burns in the Foutch Alumni House. Coffee and hot chocolate will be served, and a Q&A session about campus updates will take place.
- 12 p.m.- Tailgate at the Tower at the Belltower plaza: It’s just one BIG party! Everyone is invited to this campus-wide celebration. Come and enjoy a FREE lunch from Martin’s Bar-B-Que Joint. Faculty, staff, alumni, students and parents are welcome to partake in lunchtime fare and festivities as we prepare for the big game. Reservations Required.
- 1:45 p.m.- Homecoming prayer and worship led by University Ministries in the newly renovated Gabhart Student Center
- 2 p.m.- All alumni homecoming celebration in the Beaman Student Center: All alumni are invited to join this pre-game celebration. Stop by for food, photos and a fun time with fellow classmates and friends.
- 3-7 p.m.- Homecoming Double-Header: Women’s game vs. TSU with Men’s game to follow at approximately 5 p.m. Half-time of the second game: Homecoming Court. Join us for the final games of the season! Belmont Alumni can order tickets in advance at discounted prices. For tickets, visit belmontbruins.com/tickets or call the Curb Event Center Box Office at 615.460.BALL . Request the Feb. 25 Homecoming Games with promo code “BUAlum16.”