The schedule has been set for this year’s Homecoming celebration!
Belmont University invites alumni, friends and family back home to a festival of university life, honoring more than 125 years of students, faith, education, community and excellence.
Each day of the week-long event will feature a unique, purpose-filled opportunity for service and fun, including Mission Monday, T-Shirt Tuesday, WOW Wednesday, Thank You Thursday and FANtastic Friday. An alumni Art Show will be ongoing all week in the Leu Art Gallery, Belmont’s Department of Theater and Dance will present “Peter and the Star Catcher” in the Fisher Center for the Performing Arts February 25 – 27 (Get Tickets here), and the Belmont Store will be offering Homecoming discounts all week long, as well.
Homecoming Reunions and Open Houses will also be taking place at various times and locations. Please check the Homecoming website for specifics.
Highlights of the week can be found below, and for a complete list of all Belmont Homecoming 2020 events and an opportunity to register, click here.
Homecoming 2022 Highlights
Monday, February 21 – Mission Monday
- 10 – 10:50 a.m.– Mission Monday Chapel: “From Here to Anywhere” featuring an alumni panel in the Janet Ayers Academic Center’s Gabhart Chapel. Watch the chapel livestream here.
- 10 a.m. – 12 p.m.– Alumni Non-Profit Fair on the First Floor Rotunda of the Janet Ayers Academic Center.
- 5:30 p.m. – Holistic (Under)Development Through Sport and (Mis)Education featuring Dr. Joseph Cooper, J. Keith Motley Endowed Chair of Sport Leadership and Administration and Special Advisor to the Chancellor for Black Life at the University of Massachusetts Boston. (Register here).
Tuesday, February 22 – T-Shirt Tuesday
- 8 a.m. – Belmont Athletics: Coffee with the Coaches via Zoom (Register here).
- 12 p.m. – 1 p.m. – Homecoming Bruin Break: The Early Belmont Days will feature Belmont College alumni as they share stories from their time at Belmont. (Register Here)
- 7 – 8 p.m.. – This year’s Vaughn Science Lecture, held in Room 4094 of the Ayers Academic Center, will feature Dr. Baijian “Justin” Yang, Professor of Computer and Information Technology at Perdue University.
Wednesday, February 23 – Wow Wednesday (Check social media for pop-up events scheduled throughout the day around campus)
- 9:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. – It Must Be Wednesday–Music and refreshments on Freedom Plaza, sponsored by the Office of Student Engagement.
- 10 – 11 a.m.– Belmont y la Comunidad Latina Chapel in the Janet Ayers Academic Center Gabhart Chapel featuring Rev. Gabriel Salguero.
- 10 – 11 a.m. — Alumni Panel: Pursing a Creative Career, held in the Bunch Library Multimedia Hall.
- 4 p.m. – Belmont Baseball vs. MTSU at the E.S. Rose Athletic Complex
- 5 – 6:30 p.m. – Jack C. Massey College of Business Student/Alumni Mixer in the Ayers Academic Center, Room 4094. (RSVP’s Required)
Thursday, February 24 – Thank You Thursday
- 8 – 9 a.m. — Dr. Greg Jones and Rev. Susan Pendleton Jones will be hosting “Leaning into a Life of Purpose” in the Fisher Center for the Performing Arts that will encourage attendees to experience life that is truly life. This event is open to all faculty, staff and alumni.
- 11:30 a.m. – 1 p.m. – Belmont Faithful Thank You Luncheon in Harrington Place Dining for donors who have made consecutive gifts for two or more years (RSVPs requested).
- 5 p.m.– Basketball Double Header On-Campus/Student Watch Party at Chick-Fil-A. Women tip-off at 5 p.m. central, and Men tip-off at 8 p.m. central.
- 8 p.m.– Basketball Watch Party for Alumni at Bottle Cap on 12th South (Register here).
Friday, February 25 – FANtastic Friday
- 7:30 a.m. – 1 p.m. — 3rd Annual Impact Investing Summit, hosted The Thomas W. Beasley Institute for Free Enterprise at Belmont University and AllianceBernstein. Register here for location and zoom information.
- 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. – College of Law Faculty Scholarship Alumni CLE Event in the Baskin Center. All College of Law alumni and Belmont undergrads in the law profession are invited to attend this free CLE event, sponsored by Belmont Legal Aid Society. (RSVP’s Required)
- 10 – 10:50 a.m.– Homecoming Chapel featuring guest speakers Dr. Victoria Lim and Dr. Steve Robinson in the Janet Ayers Academic Center. Watch the chapel livestream here.
- 10 a.m. – Inaugural Homecoming Spirit Parade – “Let Hope Abound” – on Freedom Plaza.
- 10 – 11 a.m. – Robert E. Simmons Distinguished Faculty Lecture Convocation in the Massey Boardroom with Dr. Christie Kleinmann.
- 4 p.m. – Belmont Baseball vs. Youngstown State at Rose Park.
- 7 p.m.– 8th Annual Homecoming in the Round concert in the Massey Performing Arts Center (MPAC). The evening will feature alumni songwriters, artists and special guests. The event is FREE, but tickets are required. Get your tickets here or call 615.460.2255.
Saturday, February 26 – Homecoming Saturday
- 9:30 – 11:30 a.m. – Tower Society Reunion | Annual Brunch & Induction Ceremony in the Vince Gill Room in the Curb Event Center: Celebrating the elite group of alumni from Belmont’s 50-year and earlier classes! This year’s special honorees include the classes of 1970, 1965, 1960 and 1955. (RSVPs required).
- 10 – 11 a.m. – Alumni Decades Reunion in the Foutch Alumni House will celebrate the classes of 1982, 1992, 2002 and 2012. (Register here).
- 10 – 11:30 a.m. — The Belmont Athletics Missions 25 Year Reunion will be held in the Massey Boardroom with Betty Wiseman. (Register here).
- 10 – 11 a.m. — Black Alumni Network and Presidential Scholars Alumni Reunion in the 4th Floor Conference Room of the Ayers Center. (Register here).
- 11:30 a.m. – Join the Belmont family and President Jones for a special service along with our Alumni Chapel Band in the Gabhart Chapel.
- 12:30 – 2:30 p.m. – Tailgate at the Tower at the Tower Plaza. It’s Bruin Time! Everyone is invited to this campus-wide celebration during Homecoming 2020, featuring lunch! (Free Event, but RSVP’s are Required)
- 2 p.m. – Belmont Baseball vs. Youngstown at Rose Park
- 3 p.m. – Homecoming Double Header: Belmont Basketball vs. TSU: Women’s game starting at 3 p.m. with the Men’s game to follow at approximately 5 p.m. The Homecoming Court will be presented at halftime – don’t miss it! Alumni can order tickets in advance at discounted prices. For tickets, visit belmont.edu/homecoming or call the Curb Event Center Box Office at 615.460.BALL . Request the February 15 Homecoming Games with promo code “BUALUM19-20.”