Homecoming 2020 has been set for February 10 – 15, and the schedule of activities has been released. Belmont University invites alumni, friends and family back home to a festival of university life, celebrating more than 125 years of students, faith, education, community and excellence.
Current Alumni Association Board President Rebecca Hatzakorzian Clay, Class of 1999, said, “My family and I love coming back to Belmont for Homecoming each year. It is great to see friends from our time at Belmont (students and teachers) and to introduce our children to those who got to enjoy our time at Belmont with us. The activities provide opportunities to meet other alumni and learn about what is currently going on at our great school. It is something we look forward to each year.”
Building on last year’s success, each day of the week will feature a unique, purpose-filled opportunity for service and fun, including Mission Monday, T-Shirt Tuesday, WOW Wednesday, Thank You Thursday and FANtastic Friday. The Faculty Art Show will be ongoing all week, and the Belmont Store will be offering Homecoming discounts all week long, as well.
Homecoming Reunions and Open Houses will also be taking place at various times and locations. Please check the Homecoming website for specifics.
Highlights of the week can be found below, and for a complete list of all Belmont Homecoming 2020 events and an opportunity to register, click here.
Homecoming 2020 Highlights
Monday, February 10 – Mission Monday
- All Day – The Belmont Store will offer a 25 percent discount for anyone who makes a contribution to The Store Donation Drive
- 10 – 10:50 a.m.– Mission Monday Chapel: “From Here to Anywhere” featuring an alumni panel in the Janet Ayers Academic Center
- 10 a.m. – 12 p.m.– Alumni Non-Profit Fair on the Second Floor Rotunda of the Janet Ayers Academic Center (RSVP’s Requested)
- 11 a.m. – 2:30 p.m. – Enjoy a $5 lunch at Harrington Place Dining Hall if you make a donation to The Store
- 5 – 6 p.m. – O’More College Alumni Panel and Open House in the Leu Center for the Visual Arts Room 117 (RSVP’s Requested)
- 5 – 6:15 p.m. – Jack C. Massey College of Business Legacy Lecture Series: Entrepreneurial Mindset with Professor of Entrepreneurship Jeff Cornwall in Massey Business Center Room 209B (RSVP’s Required)
Tuesday, February 11 – T-Shirt Tuesday
- T-Shirt Tuesday Activities – The Belmont Store will sell $5 Homecoming shirts. All of campus are encouraged to wear their student organization t-shirt. There will also be a Homecoming T-Shirt Giveaway from 11 a.m. – 2 p.m. in the Massey Lobby and Johnson Center Lobby. Receive free cookies in the Curb Café while wearing your Homecoming shirt between 11 a.m. – 2 p.m. (or until supplies last)
- 4 – 6 p.m.– Faculty Art Exhibition Reception in the Leu Art Gallery from the newly established O’More College of Architecture, Art and Design. Gallery talk to begin at 5 p.m. (Register Here)
- 5 – 6:15 p.m. – Jack C. Massey College of Business Legacy Lecture Series: Global/International Business Inventory & Global Awareness Training with Director of the Center for International Business and Professor of Marketing Jeff Overby in Massey Business Center Room 209B (RSVP’s Required)
- 7:30 p.m.– Symphony and String Chamber Orchestra Concert in the McAfee Concert Hall
Wednesday, February 12 – Wow Wednesday (Check social media for pop-up events scheduled throughout the day around campus)
- 9:45 – 10:45 a.m. – University Staff Advisory Council will hand out free donut holes and coffee in the Massey Business Center Lobby
- 10 – 11 a.m.– Skill Studio Event: “What Employers Really Want” in the Massey Business Center boardroom, sponsored by the Office of Career & Professional Development. The event will give participants individualized career advice. (Registration Requested)
- 11 a.m. – 1 p.m. – Come and dine at the “Chef’s Table” at Harrington Place Dining Hall
- 1 – 2 p.m. – “Warm Your Soul” with hot chocolate and puppies at the Bunch Library
- 3 – 4 p.m. – Senior Leadership will help serve a Popcorn Bar to the Belmont community in the Janet Ayers Academic Center Dining Area
- 4 – 5 p.m. – The Bruin Blast Blitz (pep band) will be conjuring up some Homecoming Spirit as they march around campus!
- 5 – 6:15 p.m. – Jack C. Massey College of Business Legacy Lecture Series: Ethics Case Study and Simulation Experience with Director of the Kennedy Center for Business Ethics Boyd Smith in Massey Business Center Room 209B (RSVP’s Required)
- 7 – 10 p.m. – Join the fun in the Beaman Lobby and Beaman A & B for CHAARG Zumba and then a DJ Competition and Dance Party
Thursday, February 13 – Thank You Thursday (There will be a “Gratitude Blitz” campus-wide all day! Stop by a gratitude gram or thank you note station in Foutch Alumni House, Harrington Place Dining or Massey Business Center.)
- 11:30 a.m. – 1 p.m. – Belmont Faithful Thank You Luncheon in Harrington Place Dining for donors who have made consecutive gifts for two or more years (RSVP’s Requested)
- 5 p.m.– Belmont Women’s Basketball vs. TSU
- 7 p.m.– Belmont Men’s Basketball vs. TSU
Friday, February 14 – FANtastic Friday
- 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. – College of Law Faculty Scholarship Alumni CLE Event in the Baskin Center. All College of Law alumni and Belmont undergrads in the law profession are invited to attend this free CLE event, sponsored by Belmont Legal Aid Society. (RSVP’s Required)
- 10 – 10:50 a.m.– Homecoming Chapel featuring guest speakers Luke Putney, Class of 2017, and Cathy Jennings, Class of 2014, in the Janet Ayers Academic Center
- 10 – 11 a.m. – Robert E. Simmons Distinguished Faculty Lecture Convocation in the Frist Lecture Hall with Dr. Jeremy Fyke, assistant professor of communication studies. In this interactive talk, Dr. Fyke will discuss his journey from a near-flunkie and college dropout to a professor and practitioner who thrives through a little bit of hard work and a whole lot of Jesus.
- 11 a.m. – 2:30 p.m. – Homecoming Fiesta in Harrington Place Dining Hall
- 12:30 – 1:30 p.m. – Students can shoot to win free textbooks on Soccer Field Drive
- 2 – 3:30 p.m. – Compete in the 3rd Annual Corn hole Classic Competition on the Bell Tower Plaza
- 3:30 p.m. – Belmont Women’s Basketball Legacy Weekend and Reunion in the Curb Event Center
- 3:30 p.m. – Belmont Softball vs. Western Michigan at Rose Park
- 4 p.m. – Belmont Baseball vs. Kansas at Rose Park
- 7 p.m.– 8th Annual Homecoming in the Round concert in the Massey Performing Arts Center (MPAC). The evening will feature alumni songwriters, artists and special guests. The event is FREE, but tickets are required. Get your tickets here or call 615.460.2255.
Saturday, February 15 – Homecoming Saturday
- 9 a.m. – 12:15 p.m. – College of Health Sciences and College of Pharmacy Continuing Education Event (Free CE Credits) in the Janet Ayers Academic Center Room 4094. Guest Speaker Laura Berlind, executive director of the Sycamore Institute, will present on the topic of Access to Care. Special breakout sessions to follow. (RSVP’s Required)
- 9:30 – 11:30 a.m. – Tower Society Reunion | Annual Brunch & Induction Ceremony in the Vince Gill Room in the Curb Event Center: Celebrating the elite group of alumni from Belmont’s 50-year and earlier classes! This year’s special honorees include the classes of 1970, 1965, 1960 and 1955. (RSVP’s Required)
- 10:30 – 11 a.m. – Belmont will present the first-ever Distinguished Alumni Service Award to Jamie Stamey in the lobby of Thrailkill Hall
- 11 – 11:45 a.m. – Parents are invited to stop into the Gabhart Student Center for coffee or hot chocolate and the latest news from our campus leaders. Please email email@example.com to RSVP.
- 11:30 a.m. – Join the Belmont family as we give thanks for our past, the present and pray God’s blessings on our future at Homecoming Prayer and Thanksgiving. Meet at University Ministries Center for a time of corporate prayer and reflection, then join a self-guided prayer walk through campus with current student ministry leaders.
- 12:30 – 2:30 p.m. – Tailgate at the Tower at the Tower Plaza. It’s Bruin Time! Everyone is invited to this campus-wide celebration during Homecoming 2020, featuring food from Jim ‘n Nicks! (Free Event, but RSVP’s are Required)
- 12:30 p.m. – Belmont Softball vs. Western Michigan at Rose Park
- 2 p.m. – Belmont Baseball vs. Kansas at Rose Park
- 2:30 p.m. – Homecoming Carillon Concert at the Bell Tower
3 p.m. – Belmont Softball vs. Green Bay at Rose Park
- 3 p.m. – Homecoming Double Header: Belmont Basketball vs. Jacksonville State: Women’s game starting at 3 p.m. with the Men’s game to follow at approximately 5 p.m. The Homecoming Court will be presented at halftime – don’t miss it! Alumni can order tickets in advance at discounted prices. For tickets, visit belmont.edu/homecoming or call the Curb Event Center Box Office at 615.460.BALL . Request the February 15 Homecoming Games with promo code “BUALUM19-20.”
- 7:30 p.m. – Sinfonian Band, Sponsored by Phi Mu Alpha Sinfonia in the Wilson Atrium
- 8 – 10 p.m. – Homecoming Social at Chago’s Cantina. (Reservations Requested)