Content Development, Press Releases and Media Relations
The Office of Communications provides the following services to Belmont University:
- Local, regional and national media relations
- Creating, approving and servicing all non-athletic university press releases
- Internal/External Communications (campus-wide emails, Belmont FYI and In the Den, Belmont News, neighbor advisories, etc.)
- Emergency/Crisis Communications: All employees are encouraged to sign up for Belmont Alerts to get important news quickly in the event of an emergency. You will automatically receive emergency alerts via email to your @Belmont address. To add your phone number(s) for text and voice alerts, sign in to your MyBelmont account and select the “Belmont Alerts” link from the Campus Security & Safety folder in the left-hand column. Then update your information in the Belmont Alerts page. This system will only be used for emergency communications.
The Office of Communications follows the Associated Press Stylebook for grammar, punctuation and spelling.
Sam Simpkins is the University Photographer and can be reached at (615) 460-6649 and firstname.lastname@example.org.
Photo shoot opportunities should be requested at least two weeks prior to an event, and more advance notice is appreciated for weekend and after-business hours’ events. The University Photographer’s responsibility is to shoot Belmont events and activities that have broad visual appeal such as those referenced below:
- Major University events – this includes Commencement
- Images that have potential to be included in Belmont News coverage as well as major University publications
- Images that could be used as hero images on the University website home page
- Images to be used in University-approved printed marketing materials that are being designed by Creative Services
- Campus stock photography and faculty/staff head shots
All University images are placed in an online photo gallery and are available to be downloaded for various departmental communication and marketing needs: View SmugMug
Additional Photo Galleries:
> View Instagram
Photo needs without broad visual appeal such as departmental receptions, student headshots, composites, class speakers or hooding ceremonies are the responsibility of that department. The Office of Communications can provide a list of freelance photographers that departments can contact for those type of individual needs. The OC also has a digital camera that can be checked out on a first come basis.