Students receive 20 of the prestigious advertising awards, the most of any participating school, in O’More’s final academic year before the college merges with Belmont University
O’More College of Design today announced that nine of its students received a total of 20 awards at the 2018 Nashville Student Advertising American Awards (ADDY’s) – the most recognitions out of 246 entries from eight participating colleges and universities. Earlier this month, O’More announced that it has joined forces with Belmont University to create the O’More School of Design at Belmont, and will offer its degree programs to new and existing graphic, fashion and interior design students, as well as fashion merchandising students, on Belmont’s Nashville campus beginning in the fall of 2018.
“We are delighted with the success of our students at this year’s ADDY’s, especially as it comes on the cusp of our exciting merger with Belmont,” said Shari Fox, president of O’More College of Design. “As our students begin the transition to Belmont, their exceptional showing at this year’s ADDY’s should fill them with confidence and pride in the talent they are bringing to their new educational home.”
O’More senior graphic design major Nic Malone took home four awards for his brand and product development entries while freshman Abraham Mast earned three out of the four awards given in the Animation/Special Effects category.
In addition to Malone and Mast, O’More 2018 ADDY recipients and the categories in which they won are:
- Jami-Lyn Fehr – two gold awards for “Fashion: Pink Series” and “Fashion” in Photography
- Dominick Granda – three silver awards for “Go Love Yourself” in Poster; “Elanor” in Illustration, Single; and “Wray & Nephew” in Integrated Brand Identity Campaign
- Marissa McHaney – gold for “El Bandito” in Packaging and silver for “Botanica logo” in Logo Design
- Hannah Mills – two silver awards for “Rocket Books” in Integrated Brand Identity Campaign and “Rocket Books logo” in Logo Design
- Cody Parnel – silver for “Plaza” in Integrated Brand Identity Campaign
- Hunter Ractliffe – silver for “Hersheys” in Magazine Advertising, Single
- Kacie Williams – silver awards for “Rocket Fuel” in Packaging and “BHOJA’S logo” in Logo Design
The Nashville Student ADDY’s, an offshoot of the Nashville chapter of the renowned national ADDY Awards, recognize and reward creative excellence in the art of advertising among Middle Tennessee students. Conducted annually, it is the first stage in a three-tiered competition. Nashville gold and silver winners will compete at the District level against winners from Alabama, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi and Tennessee. These winners will advance to compete at the National Student ADDY’s.
About O’More College of Design and Belmont University Merger
In a timely move that enhances Belmont University’s academic and professional offerings in design while extending the strong legacy and reach of O’More College of Design, the two institutions announced in February 2018 that they are combining efforts to serve the next generation of designers. The governing boards for both Belmont and O’More have agreed that Belmont will acquire O’More College of Design and all of its assets and then move O’More’s programs in fashion, interior and graphic design as well as fashion merchandising to Belmont’s campus. The new O’More School of Design at Belmont University will open its doors fall of 2018 in Nashville. O’More College of Design was founded by Eloise Pitts O’More in 1970, in Franklin, TN. To learn more, visit www.omorecollege.edu.