Current members Holleman, Wright also re-appointed to three-year terms
Belmont University announced today the selection of six members to its Board of Trustees consisting of two re-appointments and the election of four new members. Each of the individuals listed below will begin a new, three-year term at the University’s Jan. 17 board meeting.
John Ferguson is the chairman of the board for Corrections Corporation of America and past commissioner of finance and administration for the State of Tennessee. A member of First Presbyterian Church, Ferguson also serves on boards for The Boy Scouts, Nashville Public Education Foundation and The Community Foundation of Middle Tennessee.
A Belmont Trustee since 2003, Jim Holleman, retired President of Conroy, Marable & Holleman Realtors, was re-elected to a new term. The former Leadership Clarksville Vice President, Holleman has also served as Heritage Bank Chairman, Clarksville Rotary past President and Clarksville Area Chamber of Commerce past President. He is a member of First Baptist Church, Clarksville.
Alumnus Klay Kelley earned both a B.B.A. and an M.B.A. from Belmont and served as an alumni regent on the Board of Trustees from 2009-2012. Employed by Western Spirits, he also serves as chairman of Alpha Tau Omega Board of Trust and as a member of Belmont Young Alumni Council and the Nashville American Marketing Association. Kelley is a member of Fellowship Bible Church in Brentwood.
Dove and Grammy Award winning artist Michael W. Smith is a Christian author, worship leader, musician and songwriter who has sold more than 15 million albums. The founder of Rocketown, a nonprofit youth outreach facility in downtown Nashville, Smith is also active in Billy Graham Crusades and The Samaritan’s Purse. He is a member of New River Fellowship.
Alumnus Randy Smith, a former Belmont Trustee from 1982-1987, is an entertainment industry attorney. He serves on the First Tennessee Bank Board of Advisors and the Belmont College of Law Development Committee and is a member of First Baptist Church, Nashville.
A Belmont Trustee first elected in 1994, alumnus Mark Wright is president of Show Dog-Universal Music. Wright, a member of First Presbyterian Church, serves of the boards of the YMCA Foundation, Salvation Army, Country Music Association and City of Hope.
Belmont’s current Board of Trustees includes:
• Marty Dickens, chairman of the board, former president of AT&T Tennessee
• Lee Beaman, chairman and CEO, Beaman Automotive Group
• Vincent Campbell, pastor, Kayne Avenue Missionary Baptist Church
• John Ferguson, chairman of the board for CCA, former TN comm. of finance and administration
• Cordia Harrington, president/CEO, Tennessee Bun Company
• Damon Hininger, president and CEO, Corrections Corporation of America
• Jim Holleman, former president of Conroy, Marable & Holleman
• Steve Horrell, president, Horrell Properties, Inc.
• Gordon E. Inman, owner/broker, Inman Investments
• Milton Johnson, executive vice president & CFO, Hospital Corporation of America (HCA)
• Klay Kelley, director for brand development, Western Spirits
• Ron Knox, financial representative, Northwestern Mutual Financial Network
• Bill Lee, CEO, Lee Company
• Drew Maddux, president, Maddux Realty & Construction Corp.
• Bruce Maxwell, pastor, Lake Providence Missionary Baptist Church
• Carolyn McAfee, vice president, Hallmark Systems, Inc.
• Stuart McWhorter, president, Clayton Associates
• Andrea Overby, church and civic leader
• James T. Redd, president, Air Conditioning Service, Inc.
• Jon Roebuck, senior pastor, Woodmont Baptist Church
• Barbara Massey Rogers, private investor
• Anne Russell, attorney, Adams and Reese, LLP
• Joseph V. Russell, secretary, co-CEO, Elan-Polo, Inc.
• Dana Sherrard, Dana Sherrard Interiors, ASID
• Michael W. Smith, musician, composer, worship leader
• Randy Smith, entertainment attorney
• Larry Thrailkill, attorney, Thrailkill, Harris, Wood & Boswell
• Terry Turner, president & CEO, Pinnacle Financial Partners
• Paul Walker, civic leader
• Bob Whisenant, partner, WSW Certified Public Accountants
• Jim Wilkerson, owner, Wilkerson Farms
• Eugenia Winwood, company director, Wincraft Music, Inc.
• Mark Wright, president, ShowDog Universal