Previous members Horrell, Johnson and Massey Rogers re-appointed to the Board
Belmont University announced today the selection of five members to its Board of Trustees consisting of the election of two new members and the re-appointment of three members. Each will begin a new, three-year term in January.
New members include:
A nationally recognized business and healthcare leader, Janet Ayers is the President of the Ayers Foundation and a former board member of the Tennessee State Board of Education. Ayers has held multiple statewide positions with the Tennessee Health Care Association throughout her career including president, and she served as a commissioner of Tennessee Health Facilities Commission. She is also active in many civic, educational and charitable organizations including the Nashville Symphony, Centerstone of Tennessee and Abe’s Garden, among others.
John R. Faison, Sr. is the senior pastor of Watson Grove Baptist Church in Nashville. Previously serving as a commissioned officer in the US Army in Field Artillery and Military Intelligence, Faison left the military in 2008 to pursue God’s call to full-time ministry. He is a recognized voice at conferences and events throughout the country, and he serves as an advocate for community transformation and development through his work as an HIV/AIDS National Ambassador with the NAACP, a mentor in public school districts and an advisor to several community organizations.
Returning members include:
Steve Horrell, a native Nashvillian, has spent more than 40 years with Horrell Properties, Inc., where he currently serves as president. After graduating from Belmont in 1972 with a BS in Business Administration and a BA in History, Horrell went on to serve as president of the University’s Alumni Association, chair of the Development Committee and a 30-year board member. Active in the Nashville community, Horrell has served on the board of Genesis Academy, Boy Scouts and the Green Hills Alliance, among others. He is currently a member of Woodmont Baptist Church. Horrell will be returning to the Board in January.
Chairman and Chief Executive Office of HCA, R. Milton Johnson will be returning to Belmont’s Board of Trustees where he received his undergraduate education. Committed to his community, Johnson has held offices in a number of organizations including the Nashville Chamber of Commerce’s Board of Directors, where he currently serves as Chairman, the Center for Medical Interoperability and the Nashville Health Care Council. Johnson also serves as chairman of the HCA Foundation Board.
The daughter of Jack C. Massey, entrepreneur and namesake of Belmont’s Jack C. Massey College of Business, Barbara Massey Rogers is a longtime friend to Belmont and has been re-elected to a new term for Belmont’s Board. Her mother, Elizabeth Polak Massey, was a Nashville native who attended Ward Belmont College before passing away in 1968. Her husband, Doyle Rogers (now deceased) was a senior partner of the Palm Beach law firm Alley, Maass, Rogers & Lindsay and the family’s estate attorney. Barbara currently sits on the Boards of Directors of Belmont University, Jack C. Massey School of Business and the Jack C. Massey Foundation in Nashville, among many others.
Belmont’s current Board of Trustees includes:
• Marty Dickens, Chairman of the Board, Former President, AT&T
• Harry Allen, Senior Vice President, Avenue Bank
• John Ferguson, Former Chairman, CCA
• Dan Foutch, Senior Vice President, Hilliard Lyons
• Steve Hewlett, President and CEO, Hewlett Spencer
• Damon Hininger, President and CEO, CoreCivic
• Gordon E. Inman, Owner/Broker, Inman Investments
• Todd Jones, Pastor, First Presbyterian Church, Nashville
• Klay Kelley, Realtor, Crye Leike Executive Realty
• Larry Kloess, Chairman, Clayton Associates
• Ron Knox, Jr., Former Financial Representative, Northwestern Mutual
• Bill Lee, CEO, The Lee Company
• Cynthia Leu, Philanthropist and Civic Leader
• Drew Maddux, President, Maddux Realty and Construction Corp.
• Carolyn McAfee, Vice President, Hallmark Systems
• Rebecca McKelvey Castaneda, Attorney, Stites & Harbison
• Andrea Overby, Church and Civic Leader
• Ben Rechter, Chairman, The Rogers Group
• Anne Russell, Attorney, Adams and Reese LLP
• Joseph V. Russell, President and Chairman, Elan-Polo
• Michael W. Smith, Songwriter, Singer, Musician
• Randy Smith, Attorney, entertainment industry
• Larry Thrailkill, Church and Civic Leader
• Troy Tomlinson, President and CEO, Song/ATV Music Publishing
• Claire Tucker, President and CEO, CapStar Bank
• Paul Walker, Civic Leader
• Bob Whisenant, Partner, WSW CPAs
• Jim Wilkerson, Owner, Wilkerson Farms
• James Wright, Former CEO, Tractor Supply
• Mark Wright, President, You42 Nashville
Belmont Board of Trust Regents include Tommye Maddox, Charlie Dankert, Evan Metcalf and Brennon Mobley. Emeriti include Randall Baskin, Jack Benz, Mike Curb, Helen Kennedy, Carolyn Patton and George West.