Mathematics Professor Glenn Acree led a panel discussion entitled “HIT Technology Hiring Needs: A Discussion Between CIOs and College Educators” at the CIO Breakfast as part of the 2011 HiMSS Summit of the Southeast, at the Opryland Hotel on Sept. 29. The panel members included:
- Dr. Ty Tabernik, Assistant Professor of Information Technology, Trevecca Nazarene University
- Mark Gilliam, V.P. and CIO, Ardent Health Services
- Gary Seay, SVP and CIO, Community Health Systems
- Andy Flatt, SVP and CIO, HealthSpring
- Dr. Elizabeth Breeden, Director of the Master of Health Care Informatics Program, Lipscomb University
Each year the Summit provides leaders from across the southeast with collaborative opportunities with our nation’s top Healthcare Information Technology leaders on strategies for leading the change and what to expect in the year to come. Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society is a cause-based, not-for-profit organization exclusively focused on providing global leadership for the optimal use of information technology and management systems for the betterment of healthcare.